Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Saving on the energy bill

I do the best I can to keep my utility bills down as far as I can. What I am paying for utilities leaves less for groceries and my effort to pay off those credit cards. If you are a little handy natural energy generation might help. Long before all the sites came around that give you great direction I built my own wind mill. I had a old celling fan that I attached to a Ford tractor generator and nailed it to a large pole type post my clothes line was tied to. I ran wire into my back room where I connected it to a 12v car battery, then connected the battery to a converter I bought at the automotive store. I plugged a couple of old lamps into he converter and lit my back room that way for a few years until the celling fan blades rotted off the generator. It decreased my electric bill by about $20.00 a month, which to some people probably isn't much, but when your a single parent you learn to stretch a twenty into $40. Here is some help with such projects:

Tools for Solar & Wind Energy for Your Home
GO HERE

Simply Solar Guide
GO HERE

GreenDIYenergy (New) Solar & Wind DIY Guide
GO HERE

Solar, Wind, Green - Earth power Energy System - DIY Guide
GO HERE

Earth Power Energy System
GO HERE


If I can not afford to go to the Bahamas I sure am going to do my best not to send my utility company there!!

Have a good one-
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment