Sunday, June 6, 2010

Electric Is On

The electric service is now on in the house. I have to say as a company New York State Electric and Gas (NYSEG) sucks, their people however make up for it. The guys that worked on my pole were knowledgeable and accommodating. They did everything they could to minimize the time I would be without power.

I think this is a situation where the company does not know the value of customer service, or the people they have working for them. I watched a show on television once about where the President of the company takes a position with the people in his company. The employees have no idea who he is and he gets a good dose of what is going on in the ranks as well as the expectations his company has on the employees. He observes the customer orientation to his company in real time, unbuffered by suck-ups. I think this should be a federal law. I think every pencil pusher should have to perform a duty of their employees every year. I think companies would be run differently, customers would be treated differently and the world would be a better place for it.

So, that said I would like to thank the Employees of NYSEG at the Hammondsport, NY substation for all their help (Ed,Ron & Jeff), and wish Ed a happy retirement and God Speed. Your service to NYSEG, at least from my view has earned you your retirement for sure!

I would also like to thank Ed Hall, the Electrical Inspector for being so helpful and accommodating when it came to coming with lightening speed to inspect the service pole so I could get the electric turned back on as soon as possible.

Major thanks to my parents for helping with the cost of the project until I get the second job to pay them back because the job I have just does not allow for saving anything, and to my brother Ed for the time he took out of his Ice Distribution Business to help set the pole, and to Don Patone, who owns a local tree cutting business for stopping to help with wiring the service box. I would also like to thank Jerry at Empire Telephone for transfering the phone line on his way home from work,(I did not even call them, he saw it was going to need to be done and we had the pole in place and he took the initative to help without being asked...a service so appreciated but lost to so many companies!Hats off to Empire Telephone in Prattsburgh, NY!!!!!) and for the support at Empire afterwords to get my phone and internet up to speed. Thank you too to my employer and my co-workers for their support and understanding as they had to take up the slack for me in my absence.As it is said.......it takes a village.

Thanks again to everyone.

And as it goes..........
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment