Sunday, February 7, 2010

Getting used to talking to myself

Well, another lesson learned. If anyone has tried to do a web directory listing project manually you know right were I am at. In an effort to get this blog started I am submitting it to web directories. Well these directories, at least 99% will tell you it can take up to a year for them to get around to you for approval if you use the free listing. Once again it is all about money. I am still trying to keep up with staying behind, so all my income goes to NYSEG, Burnwell, Empire Telephone, Erie Insurance, Direct TV, Dell, plus about 10 more. And oh yea...Save-a-lot. I get anywhere near a Tops and my check book starts to jump out of my purse and starts to bang its head against the car window. And then there are the taxes. Living here in New York, is it just me or are we getting nickel and dimmed to death? All I am hearing is how local governments need to raise revenue. This leads to taxes on stuff like water bottles, new license plates even though we do not need them, taxes on wages of people who live outside a given radius of their job. I just wondered if government realize they are getting their money off the backs of the few people who have a JOB, who can't keep up with staying behind themselves. If they want to be in government and d public service, let them donate their entire paycheck to government, which for most is taxpayer money anyway. Why should they have the highest priced health care premiums when the little guy who is working 80 hours a week to pay his taxes can't afford to have insurance at all? And what happens when this taxpayer can't pay the taxes so the government officials can have the best of everything? They take his home and kick him out on the street.

Well, anyway, I do not expect to raise any eyebrows with my rantings this morning being that according to the web directory wait period nobody will have access to my blog to read it for at least another 9 months. I guess keeping up with staying behind will involve this type of hang up if your trying to get ahead by do it yourself instead of shelling out hundreds of dollars for the instant access.

As Red Green says, "Hang in there - we're all in this together"
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment