Tuesday, February 9, 2010

TracFone - a new lesson in blood pressure control

Anybody out there have a TracFone? I used to until I put it through a full wash cycle. I had that phone for ten years. (A do it yourself tip):I immediately took it out of the bottom of the washer where I discovered it shortly after I heard the rumbling of the agitator. I immediately took it apart, battery first, the the rest as far as I could break it down and laid it on paper towel. I did dry off the battery first, then shook out the main body of the phone till the water stopped coming out. I let it lay there for about 3 days, turning the body over several times, and propping it up in various positions. On the third day I put it together, and gosh if it didn't work. I had that phone for 3 more years until I think the rust started on the ear piece part because it started to crackle when I was trying to listen to my caller. So, I went to the local K-Mart in Bath and bought a new one, a slider phone they call them. This is where the nightmare starts.

Now, because I have had some serious health issues as of late and I live in a country setting I have depended on that phone in case I needed medical assistance when I was out doors. I called to activate the phone and after 4 hours of trying the gal says I need a new phone. That was December 23, 2009. She says it will be here in 3-5 days, but may take a bit longer because of the holiday. So on December 30th I call and ask about my phone. She says another 3-5 days. On January 4, 2010 I call about my phone, another 3-5 days. I called again on January 11th, 15th, 24th, and February 8th, and got the same answer- another 3-5 days. Back in January, in serious need of a cell phone I signed up with Verizon. They said your new phone will be there in 48 hours. And guess what? IT WAS! I am still waiting for my TracFone. The fact that I no longer need it is totally beside the point now. I wonder if they are owned somehow by Toyota.

So here I am still waiting for the TracFone. Another thing that shows that keeping up with staying behind can really try your patients.

Hang in there - we are all in this together.
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment