Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day One Without TV

Today was day one without TV. Boy did I get a lot done. I have to say it is difficult to fight the urge to start putting seeds in the ground. The weather has been so summer like, and the trees and wild flowers are all coming out to bloom. I worked the ground with a hoe that I plan to use for a garden plot this year and it is so wet yet it was hard to use a hoe on it. Tomorrow I am going to know the true difficulty level of my activity today I am sure. My hands already feel puffy, hopefully tomorrow I will still see a separation between my fingers.

I have to say I am a bit set back as to the weather for tonight and tomorrow as I did not see the weather report today. Having seen it yesterday I believe we are in for a freeze tonight but I can't remember what tomorrow will bring. I guess it will be a surprise.

I have plans to plant enough veggies to get me through the next winter. Although I have a B.S. in Environmental sciences I am not sure it has grown me a green thumb. It fascinates me how some people can throw seeds on the ground and they grow, yet the others of us hoe, rake, weed, fertilize, water, and weed some more only to produce spindly want-to-be plants. I remember years ago my mother gave me a spider plant, and I killed it. I do not know how, but it died. This fascinated everyone I knew because spider plants are supposed to be able to withstand any personality.

Well as the season progresses we will see. I now need to research how to preserve my veggies just in case I luck out and get some to grow! Wish me luck.

And as it goes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment